Ince Blundell Hall Nursing Home - Services
The Registered Provider for the Augustinian Sisters is Sister Laura Hughes who is also the Prioress of the Community.
Angela Francis (Pending Registered Manager).
A team of dedicated registered nurses and care assistants support the manager in the delivery of care. In addition to nursing staff the Sisters employ an Administrator, a Chaplain, a Maintenance Technician, Domestics, Dining room staff and Gardeners.
|The Home is registered with the Care Quality Commission as a Care Home with Nursing . This includes respite care for postoperative patients, End of Life Care, medical care and care of the frail elderly.
Accommodation consists of 22 single rooms . Each room is comfortably furnished and carpeted and is equipped with nurse-call system and television. Residents have the use of two lounges, a Chapel, a dining room, a library, a conservatory and a smoking lounge.
The gardens are available for the enjoyment of the residents at all times.
Local people receiving care are attended by their own GP. People from further a field will be registered with one of the local doctors. Visiting Dentists, Chiropodists, Opticians, Physiotherapists and Alternative Therapists provide other services.
RELIGIOUS PRACTICE AND SERVICES
We welcome people of all denominations and none. There is open access to The Sister’s Chapel at all times and all residents, family and friends are welcome to join the community at prayer times. The Chapel within the Nursing Home provides a place of prayer or quiet reflection for people of all denominations. Ministers of other faiths visit regularly. The Hall is attached to the beautiful Parish Church. The spiritual needs of patients and relatives are always respected.
These are open and according to the wishes and well being of each resident.
SOCIAL AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES
Residents are encouraged to continue or restart interests and hobbies. We have access to a mini-bus for outings to local beauty spots, shops and places of interest as well as local productions in Liverpool, Crosby and Southport. Residents are also taken individually for shopping, social visits and appointments. We have regular chair aerobics sessions and musical evenings, which are very popular.
Qualified catering staff prepares homely and nutritious meals in the modern, well-equipped kitchen. We can cater for all specialised diets and personal preferences.
Ince Blundell Hall has a NO SMOKING policy. Special arrangements are made for the very ill who wish to smoke.
As a patient you have:
- The right to personal independence, personal choice, personal responsibility for your own actions.
- The right to have your personal dignity respected by everyone and to be treated, whatever your disabilities or frailties, as a valued individual in your own right.
- The right to exercise political and religious expression without fear or hindrance
- The right of freedom of speech and self-expression
- The right to the same access to the facilities and services in the surrounding community as any other person.
- The right to leave the Nursing Home and go elsewhere if you so wish.
- Freedom to make your complaints to the Sister-in-Charge or the Prioress of Ince Blundell Hall, or the Commission for Social Care Inspection.
If you would like further information about the services offered at the Hall please contact the Hall to arrange to view our Statement of Purpose.